Founded in 2012 501C3 Non-Profit since 2015
Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc requirements are simple:
AT THIS TIME WE ARE NOT TAKING ON NEW VETERANS SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES
- Veterans who have served in the United States Military with a physical and or mental disability
- Veteran Affair (VA) Doctor suggest that a Service or Emotional Support Dog will enhance their independence or their quality of life are qualified to apply.
- Paws 4 Soldiers can only accept individuals who live in the State of North Carolina.
- Must be able to travel to our training location in Salisbury every Tuesday and or Saturday for the length of training time.
- Cannot be active duty and or Reserves.
- Must be able to physically do the training and handle a Service or Emotional Support Dog.
- Veteran must be able to maintain proper health (Vet checkups, monthly flea/tick & heart wormer and dietary needs) of Service or Emotional Support Dog.
Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc requirements for dogs:
- Must be spayed or neutered, if your dog is needs to be altered we can help you with this.
- Must be up to date on rabies.
- Must be kid friendly, non aggressive or skittish.
- Must be proper size for task requirements.
- You dog must be over 6 months weeks but not over 5 years of age.
- Must be able to pass Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc's TNS Test -Temperament , Nerve and Soundness Testing finding one that will meet the requirements
If you are needing a dog Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc. will assist you finding one that will meet the requirements
Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc is an Elite training program that is NOT for everyone! Paws 4 Soldiers standards are above and beyond what other companies and even laws and guidelines require. In our program you are not handed a dog with just a few weeks of training.
1. We have you build a bond with your Service dog,
2. Learn how to train your Service dog,
3. How to control your Service dog in all situations,
4. Taskings to help assist you in your life.
5. We teach you Federal, State laws and ADA guidelines,
6. You are taught how to deal with the public, businesses and being denied entrance.
We are with you every step of the way in your training!
"Greater love......... to lay down one’s life for one’s friend"