Founded in 2012 501C3 Non-Profit since 2015
Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc requirements are simple:
We are NOW ACCEPTING consults for 2018 classes (Must have Doctor letter signed before setting a consult)
- Veterans who have served in the United States Military with a physical and or mental disability
- Veteran must live and reside in the state of North Carolina.
- Veteran Affair (VA) Doctor suggest that a Service or Emotional Support Dog will enhance their independence or their quality of life are qualified to apply. Click here for Doctor Letter
- Commitment Donation to the program
- Must be able to travel to our training location in Salisbury every Saturday for the length of 30 training weeks.
- Cannot be active duty and or Reserves.
- Must be able to physically do the training and handle a Service or Emotional Support Dog.
- Veteran must be able to maintain proper health (Vet checkups, monthly flea/tick & heart worm and dietary needs) of Service or Emotional Support Dog.
- If employed must be able to take off all training Saturdays. A letter from your work is require stating that you will have
Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc requirements for dogs:
- Must be spayed or neutered, if your dog is needs to be altered we can help you with this.
- Must be up to date on rabies.
- Must be kid friendly, non aggressive or skittish.
- Must be proper size for task requirements.
- Your dog must be over 6 months weeks but not over 5 years of age.
- Must be able to pass Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc's TNS Test -Temperament , Nerve and Soundness Testing finding one that will meet the requirements
If you are needing a dog Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc. will assist you finding one that will meet the requirements
Paws 4 Soldiers, Inc is an Elite training program with standards that are above and beyond what other companies and even laws and guidelines require.
1. We have you build a bond with your Service dog,
2. Learn how to train your Service dog,
3. How to control your Service dog in all situations,
4. Taskings to help assist you in your life.
5. We teach you Federal, State laws and ADA guidelines,
6. You are taught how to deal with the public and businesses.
We are with you every step of the way in your training!
"Greater love......... to lay down one’s life for one’s friend"